Sex Education- a British comedy web series created is by Laurie Nunn Starring Asa Butterfield as Otis and Gillian Anderson as his mother who is also a sex therapist, the series premiered first on 11 January 2019 on Netflix.
with Ncuti Gatwa, Emma Mackey, Connor Swindells, Aimee Lou Wood and Kedar Williams-Stirling as co-stars.
It was a critical and commercial success for Netflix, with over 40 million viewers streaming the primary season after its debut. The second season released on 17 January 2020.
Netflix has confirmed that Sex Education will return for season three, the makers had officially confirmed the third season will be coming soon in February, which was less than a month after the release of the second season. It should be no surprise after the series made to Netflix’s top-ten most popular series of 2019 both in the UK and US. Sex Education season 3 is already in production. The makers announced on the official Twitter handle of Netflix UK&Ireland in September.
A little recap
In the first season, the story revolves around Otis Milburn, an insecure teenager who is in a dilemma about sexual engagement perhaps because his mother is a sex therapist who is frank about all aspects of sexuality. After inadvertently assisting the varsity bully together with his sexual performance anxiety, Otis sets up a sex advice business with Maeve—a confident but troubled classmate—to help their fellow students with their sexual problems.
The second season follows Otis who, who is finally in a relationship with Ola, is hit with the truth bombs and pressures of a highschool romance. The relationship is further tested by the introduction of the latest students who challenge the established order at Moordale High and a chlamydia outbreak that causes students to question and struggle with lots of issues.
Season one premiered in January 2019 and season two in January 2020, so we anticipate the third season to release in January next year following the pattern of the previous premieres.
When to expect Sex Education Season 3?
Season one premiered in January 2019 and season two in January 2020, so we anticipate third season to release in January next year following the pattern of the previous premieres.
- Asa Butterfield as Otis Milburn,
- Gillian Anderson as Dr Jean F. Milburn,
- Ncuti Gatwa as Eric Effiong, Otis’s openly gay ally
- Emma Mackey as Maeve Wiley, a social outcast and bad-girl who befriends Otis and runs the therapy clinic with him.
- Connor Swindells as Adam Groff, the headmaster’s son who bullies Eric. He has a tense relationship with his father.
- Kedar Williams-Stirling as Jackson Marchetti, the head boy at Moordale secondary school and a swimming champion.
- Aimee Lou Wood as Aimee Gibbs, another of the school’s popular girls who has an unlikely friendship with Maeve. She is usually during a relationship and is nicer compared to other members of the school’s “The Untouchables” clique. She is from a wealthy family and her house is often used for hang-outs and parties.
- Patricia Allison as Ola Nyman, Jakob’s daughter and Otis’s love interest.
- Alistair Petrie as Michael Groff, the headmaster at Moordale secondary school and Adam’s strict father.
- Mimi Keene as Ruby Matthews, one among the school’s popular but mean girls. She is the cruellest of the school’s “The Untouchables” clique.
- Chaneil Kular as Anwar, the leader of “The Untouchables” and another openly gay student at the varsity.
- Simone Ashley as Olivia Hanan, another member of “The Untouchables”.
- Tanya Reynolds as Lily Iglehart, a woman who writes alien erotica, and is decided to lose her virginity as soon as possible.
- Jemima Kirke as Hope, she will play Moordale alumni and also the new Principal Hope who plans to show Moordale back to the pillar of excellence it’s always been.
- Jason Isaacs as Peter Groff, Mr Groff’s more successful and not very modest older brother
- Dua Saleh as Cal a non-binary student at Moordale, who will clash with Hope’s new vision for the varsity.
Are you excited for the new season ? let us know.